Beccles 26, Harlow 21
Beccles got their London 3NE campaign back on track thanks to a late try.
Beccles started the game playing fast, expansive rugby. However, it was Harlow who struck first through an intercepted pass to score under the posts.
Beccles immediately replied through Vasey-Lark with a fine break down the left wing. The try was converted by Wade to make the score 7-7.
Beccles continued to keep the tempo high, spreading the ball all over the park, and some fine running lines were shown from Williamson and Starks.
Sustained Beccles pressure was rewarded when Wade scored a fine solo try, which he also converted.
You may also want to watch:
A well worked backs move resulted in Willamson beating his man and offloading to Frost for another converted try to make it 21-7 at the interval.
The second half was a much different affair and a sprited fightback from Harlow resulted in three tries in quick succession.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 10 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
With the game coming to a climax and the scores being level at 21-21 it looked to be heading for a draw – but the hosts had other ideas.
The Beccles pack, who had been immense throughout, found themselves in their opponents' 22.
A series of close drives at the ruck then allowed Giddins to score a dramatic late try to seal not only the win but a valuable bonus point.
B&B Skip Hire man of the match went to Luke Wade, who impressed the coaching team with his first effort in a 10 jersey.