Beccles 12, Cantabrigians 13
Beccles fell at the semi-final stage of the London and SE Senior Vase when they lost to Cantabrigians for the third time this season.
The Cambridge side had won both league meetings between the two sides by narrow margins and did likewise in the cup, with their two tries proving decisive.
The visitors deserved the win but Beccles had their chances and twice went close to claiming victory near the end as a couple of long distance penalty attempts from Luke Wade fell just short.
All the Beccles points came from Wade's boot, with the hosts unable to penetrate a solid Cantabs defence.
The visitors were in command for long periods and their two touchdowns, one of which was converted, were no more than they deserved.
You may also want to watch:
The winners now have a regional final against Kent side Maidstone to look forward to while Beccles can turn their focus back to London 3NE and a trip to fourth placed Upminster on Saturday.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month