Dereham ‘reluctantly’ part company with top striker
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have released striker Danny Beaumont.
The 30-year-old has played more than 400 games for the Isthmian League North club, scoring 182 goals and winning the Norfolk Senior Cup three times.
Dereham boss Adam Gusterson said: "We have reluctantly had to make the decision to release Danny as we simply couldn't offer him the playing time that he is after this season. He is a top player and has had a long association with the club, his goal scoring record speaks for itself and he played a key role in helping us survive last season when we came to the club, which we will forever be grateful for.
"The club Danny chooses to play his football at next will be getting themselves a top quality player and he leaves as a Dereham Town legend, something he can rightly be very proud of.
"Everybody at the club will rightly be sad to see Danny go and that is again testament to everything he has achieved as a player here. Thank you for everything Danny and all the best for the future."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 5 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland