Battle hots up for a place at Carrow Road as draws are made
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A Thurlow Nunn League side is guaranteed a place in the Norfolk Senior Cup Final after the semi-final draw.
Norwich United and Gorleston were paired together in the last four, while the winners of the delayed quarter-final clash between Wroxham and King's Lynn Reserves will entertain Dereham Town in the other tie.
With the boost of a home draw, runaway Premier Division leaders United should fancy their chances of making it through to Carrow Road on May 11.
But they won't be under-estimating Gorleston, who despite being nearly 30 points behind them in 11th position can be match for any side in the division on their day.
The other semi-final will be a meeting between two Ryman League Division One rivals providing Wroxham can see off King's Lynn's second string in a match that was postponed in midweek and has been re-arranged for next Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
That would be a repeat of last year's final when Wroxham beat Dereham 3-2 after extra-time.
Two other games are being staged at Carrow Road, the Saturday Junior Cup Final on May 12 and the Sunday Senior Cup Final on May 13.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 6 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 7 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
That will add extra spice to the semi-finals, the draws for which were also made live on Radio Norfolk last night.
In the Junior Cup Runton United will play host to Mundford while Gayton United are at home to either Gorleston Reserves or East Harling. The Sunday Senior Cup semi-finals will see DE FC entertain Chilvers or Riverside Rovers and Windmill host Costessey West End or Schoolhouse.
Other semi-final draws:
Norfolk Primary Cup: Wendling or Docking v Morley Village or Tavern OB, Marham Wanderers v Hethersett Athletic or Riverlane Rangers.
Norfolk Sunday Intermediate Cup: Trimingham Pilgrims v Windmill Reserves, Hickling Barn or Mad Moose v Phoenix.
Sunday Junior Cup: SNS v Norman Wanderers Under-19s, MC Rovers v North Walsham Under-19s v Blofield United Youth (abandoned at the weekend due to player misbehaviour).