Battle for Norfolk Twenty20 crown set to start
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The revamped NW Brown Norfolk Twenty20 competition gets under way at Manor Park next Wednesday evening.
Defending champions Vauxhall Mallards take on Brooke in the opening match while Swardeston, last year's beaten finalists, meet Great Witchingham the following evening, with both matches getting under way at 6pm.
Organisers have cut the number of teams involved this summer from eight to six to ease the pressure on home of Norfolk cricket.
That means the battle for honours will be between the county's five East Anglian Premier League teams and Brooke, the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division champions.
The competition, which features two groups of three, continues with four more matches in June with the two top in each group progressing to the semi-finals on July 4 and 12.
You may also want to watch:
The final is scheduled for the evening of Friday, July 21, with the reserve date August 4.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash