Battle for Norfolk Twenty20 crown set to start
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The revamped NW Brown Norfolk Twenty20 competition gets under way at Manor Park next Wednesday evening.
Defending champions Vauxhall Mallards take on Brooke in the opening match while Swardeston, last year's beaten finalists, meet Great Witchingham the following evening, with both matches getting under way at 6pm.
Organisers have cut the number of teams involved this summer from eight to six to ease the pressure on home of Norfolk cricket.
That means the battle for honours will be between the county's five East Anglian Premier League teams and Brooke, the Norfolk Alliance Premier Division champions.
The competition, which features two groups of three, continues with four more matches in June with the two top in each group progressing to the semi-finals on July 4 and 12.
You may also want to watch:
The final is scheduled for the evening of Friday, July 21, with the reserve date August 4.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner