Battle at top of Norfolk CIBA County League rages on, but it’s goodbye to Lakeside A
County Arts A and Norfolk BC A continue to be locked together at the top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County League.
With captain Brian Taylor leading the way with a 29-4 win, County Arts A won 86-53 at Lakeside A, a result which relegates the home side to Division Two.
Meanwhile, Norfolk BC A won 79-66 at Wymondham A, despite the home rink, skipped by James Austin, top scoring 26-16.
With both teams having just one more game to play in the league, the leaders are separated by shot difference only.
You may also want to watch:
Acle A are now 6½ points behind the top two with a game in hand after they won at home to Pentney A, 96-58, Jamie Howlett's rink winning 25-11.
Gallow A ensured their place in the top division after they won at home to Lynnsport A by 90 shots to 69, their rink skipped by Mark Riches winning 28-13.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
In Division Two, Pinewood Park A won away at County Arts B 96-70, Duncan Toyn's rink top scoring 26-10, and Browston A won away at Hunstanton 79-73, Vic Moore's rink the top rink there, winning 23-16. Norfolk BC A were 76-73 home winners over Acle B, with top rink Bob Reed, 30-23.
In Division Three, North Walsham beat visiting Lakeside B 92-76, Tony Elvin's rink winning 29-18, and Roundwood A beat Pinewood Park B at home, 99-61, Tony Thrower's rink winning 31-12.
Wymondham B are Division Four champions after they won 83-81 at Browston B, with their rink skipped by John Hardy top scoring with a 22-12 win.
Diss B beat visiting Gallow B 81-74, top rink honours being shared by the home rink skipped by M Rich (23-15) and the away rink skipped by K Mallett (24-16).
Completing a double for the club, Wymondham C are Division Five champions following their win at Shotford B by 91 shots to 56 – the top rink for them that of S Bingham, 35-9.