Basingstoke 1 King’s Lynn Town 2 – Lynn back to winning ways after Vase loss
- Credit: Ian Burt
Goals from Lee Stevenson and Shaun McWilliams saw King's Lynn bounce straight back from their FA Vase elimination.
The Linnets brought an end to their three-game goal drought with two goals in the first half.
Toby Hilliard had already headed against the crossbar and Ryan Fryatt had headed against the post before Stevenson turned home a Michael Clunan free-kick.
The hosts then hit the post before McWilliams doubled Lynn's lead, beating the centre-back and firing home on his left boot.
It was a dominant first half from the Linnets, setting them up to stretch their unbeaten league record to five matches if they could see out the game.
You may also want to watch:
However, Basingstoke hit back with a goal after the break and Lynn keeper Alex Street was required to keep the home side at bay – and hold on to all three points.
Lynn, who also announced a home shirt sponsorship with local firm Double G Clothing yesterday, are back in action on Saturday when they host mid-table rivals Dorchester.
- 1 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'