Baptism of fire continues for new boys Beccles
ROMFORD AND GP 37, BECCLES 0: Beccles travelled to Romford and Gidea Park and were well beaten by the top of the table side in London 2NE.
Romford started the game well and were soon in front, quickly scoring three tries to put Beccles out of the game.
Beccles started to improve and made it difficult for Romford to continue scoring freely. The scrummage was hotly contested, with Musker McIntyre man of the match Porter battling well against some good opposition at prop.
Romford did add more points at the end of the first half with a penalty to stretch their lead to 20-0 at the break.
The second half continued in a similar fashion to the end of the first.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles had very little ball but Romford had to work hard to break down their defence. Three more tries were added in the second half to give a final score of 37-0.
It has been a tough start to the league campaign for Beccles after last season's promotion.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
After three tough away trips and a testing home game against a strong Braintree side they sit bottom of the table, having only picked up one bonus point so far. Beccles now need to start getting some wins on the board and if the side manage to up their performance to the level they are capable of there is no reason why this cannot happen.
On Saturday they entertain unbeaten Rochford Hundred – like Romford unbeaten with a 100pc record – in what looks like being another tough game.