Bangers at Norfolk Arena
Banger Racing takes centre stage at the Norfolk Arena on Saturday (6pm) when the unlimited bangers are in action together with the 2L bangers in a non Mondeo outing.
Action also comes from the always super entertaining 2L stock cars.
Both Banger formulas are contesting their annual King of the Fens final together with the 25 and under final for the young guns of unlimited banger racing.
Local drivers in action in the unlimited bangers include Ryan Leeks (Wisbech), Polly Reade (Dereham), John Cullingford and Chris Meddler (Norwich) while Ashley Ling (Norwich), Terry Garrod (Swaffham) and Tony Pallett (Thetford) are amongst those booked in for the 2L banger non Mondeos.
The 2L stock cars have a few rounds left in their track championship which has already been sewn up by defending champion David Aldous (Diss). The rest of the places are all to be played for though with second to fifth placed drivers Willie Skoyles (Heacham), Daniel Parker (Norwich), Lee Sampson and Jamie Sampson (both Lynn) just being separated by one point.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?