Bad day for Aylsham
AYLSHAM Ladies played Mulbarton Belles away and lost 3-0 on a disappointing afternoon.The first half was evenly matched with several chances for Aylsham but they were unable to net.
AYLSHAM Ladies played Mulbarton Belles away and lost 3-0 on a disappointing afternoon.
The first half was evenly matched with several chances for Aylsham but they were unable to net. A mix-up between the Aylsham goalkeeper and a defender enabled the Mulbarton player to get between them and roll the ball home to take the lead.
Captain Flick Farraway was consistent and accurate in her tackles and clearances.
At the start of the second half, Aylsham found it difficult to get the ball out of their own half as pressure mounted on the defence and the Mulbarton team's confidence grew. There seemed to be a constant midfield battle with neither side creating any clear-cut chances.
You may also want to watch:
After an hour of play, central defender Kylie Timmins took the full force of the ball in her face and sustained a nasty nose bleed which ended her game prematurely. Mulbarton took advantage of the lack of central defence and scored twice more from well-struck corners. This gave too little time for Aylsham to mount any response.
Thanks go to kit sponsor, Aylsham Computers and linesman Ashley Hunton.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country