Bad day for Aylsham
AYLSHAM Ladies played Mulbarton Belles away and lost 3-0 on a disappointing afternoon.The first half was evenly matched with several chances for Aylsham but they were unable to net.
AYLSHAM Ladies played Mulbarton Belles away and lost 3-0 on a disappointing afternoon.
The first half was evenly matched with several chances for Aylsham but they were unable to net. A mix-up between the Aylsham goalkeeper and a defender enabled the Mulbarton player to get between them and roll the ball home to take the lead.
Captain Flick Farraway was consistent and accurate in her tackles and clearances.
At the start of the second half, Aylsham found it difficult to get the ball out of their own half as pressure mounted on the defence and the Mulbarton team's confidence grew. There seemed to be a constant midfield battle with neither side creating any clear-cut chances.
You may also want to watch:
After an hour of play, central defender Kylie Timmins took the full force of the ball in her face and sustained a nasty nose bleed which ended her game prematurely. Mulbarton took advantage of the lack of central defence and scored twice more from well-struck corners. This gave too little time for Aylsham to mount any response.
Thanks go to kit sponsor, Aylsham Computers and linesman Ashley Hunton.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre