Aylsham Black Boys pull off shock win against Norwich Trafford in Norfolk and Suffolk Veterans League Cup quarter-final
First Division Aylsham Black Boys pulled off a shock win against Premier Division Norwich Trafford in their Norfolk and Suffolk Veterans League Cup quarter-final tie played at Easton College.
With Colin Emberley scoring the all-important goal the North Norfolk visitors had to withstand late pressure from the City side to make it into the semi-finals for the first time.
Kings Head Loddon from Division Two lost out at George Lane by the odd goal of three to First Division FC Fore Hamlet in another quarter-final tie. Chris Abbott and former Ipswich star Fabian Wilnis netted for the Suffolk visitors with Micky Breeze on target for Loddon.
In the League Shield, Thetford Sports & Social Club just squeezed home 3- 2 after extra-time against Ipswich United at the Nunnery Stud. Goals were shared out between leading scorer Marcus Hawkins, Ray Lott and Karl Richardson. This win puts Thetford into the cup competition semi-finals for the first time. Karl Macken and debutant Martyn Moye scored for the losers.
A solitary goal from Steve Bartram put Second Division Scole United into the Seniors Cup quarter-finals at the expense of First Division visitors Mulbarton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release