Away game with an extra touch of spice
WOMEN'S EAST CONFERENCE: Harleston Magpies return to league action tomorrow when they play St Albans at Clarence Park.
This is a crucial match bearing in mind the teams' respective positions in the League.
At the moment Magpies are in the relegation play-off position, one place behind St Albans and three points behind Cambridge City and Old Loughtonians.
St Albans moved ahead of Magpies after beating Dereham in their last league game. From Magpies' point of view it is essential that St Albans are not allowed to pull away from them and open up a gap while a win for Magpies would see them move up the league.
Magpies played very well in their last league game at home against Ipswich, dominating much of the play up to the crucial attacking circle where the final pass, movement or shot was missing. This puts added pressure on the team not to concede and to win more penalty corners.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies will be without Catherine Cranmer and Emily Wilford but Keira Booty is called up to the squad.
Squad: L Greenacre (capt), C Lee-Smith, F Sumner, L Fields, K Warnes, D Francis, C Harrison, E Bale, C Catalano, V Blyth, J Howland, B Lund, K Booty, K Hopkinson.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
Meanwhile, Dereham continue their search for their first points since promotion when they travel to take on Sevenoaks tomorrow.
This will be another tough fixture for Dereham, with their hosts lying fifth in the league going into the weekend.
Squad: J Purser, B Colman, S Skelton, S Savage, H Malcolmson, K Malvern, H Palmer, G Edwards, E Settle, S Trundle, H Turner, J Richardson, E Boyce, H Durrans.