Away game with an extra touch of spice
WOMEN'S EAST CONFERENCE: Harleston Magpies return to league action tomorrow when they play St Albans at Clarence Park.
This is a crucial match bearing in mind the teams' respective positions in the League.
At the moment Magpies are in the relegation play-off position, one place behind St Albans and three points behind Cambridge City and Old Loughtonians.
St Albans moved ahead of Magpies after beating Dereham in their last league game. From Magpies' point of view it is essential that St Albans are not allowed to pull away from them and open up a gap while a win for Magpies would see them move up the league.
Magpies played very well in their last league game at home against Ipswich, dominating much of the play up to the crucial attacking circle where the final pass, movement or shot was missing. This puts added pressure on the team not to concede and to win more penalty corners.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies will be without Catherine Cranmer and Emily Wilford but Keira Booty is called up to the squad.
Squad: L Greenacre (capt), C Lee-Smith, F Sumner, L Fields, K Warnes, D Francis, C Harrison, E Bale, C Catalano, V Blyth, J Howland, B Lund, K Booty, K Hopkinson.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
Meanwhile, Dereham continue their search for their first points since promotion when they travel to take on Sevenoaks tomorrow.
This will be another tough fixture for Dereham, with their hosts lying fifth in the league going into the weekend.
Squad: J Purser, B Colman, S Skelton, S Savage, H Malcolmson, K Malvern, H Palmer, G Edwards, E Settle, S Trundle, H Turner, J Richardson, E Boyce, H Durrans.