Aveley 1 Wroxham 0 – Yachtsmen fail to take their big chance
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham missed a chance to put some distance between themselves and the bottom three when they slid to their second narrow away defeat in the space of three days last night.
The Yachtsmen followed up a 2-1 reverse at leaders AFC Sudbury with a 1-0 loss at mid-table Aveley, with a first half goal from Brian Okwera proving decisive.
As a result they remain just one point clear of the drop zone, having now played one more game than the side currently occupying the final relegation place, Heybridge Swifts.
Aveley took the lead after 19 minutes when Okwera headed in a cross from Abs Seymour but Wroxham could have been level by the break, with Jamie Forshaw going close on a couple of occasions.
After the break there were chances at both ends, with substitute Thomas Cullumbine failing to convert a one-on-one with keeper James Marrable in what was the Yachtsmen's clearest opportunity of the half.
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich United and Kirkley and Pakefield meet tonight at Plantation Park in the Thurlow Nunn League Cup.
There is also a busy programme of Division One action with Diss Town at AFC Sudbury Reserves, Dereham Reserves hosting Needham Market Reserves and King's Lynn Reserves at home to Debenham.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 10 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown