Aveley 1 Dereham Town 3
Two goals from striker Shaun Bammant ensured that Dereham left Mill Field with the points.
Aveley leapt into an early lead when Lee Weemes scored from close range after his initial effort had been blocked at the near post in the 3rd minute. The home side continued to cause Dereham problems with their direct approach. After making a lacklustre start on a bobbly pitch Dereham drew level when Shaun Bammant's cross from the left was deflected into his own net by defender Jay Leader in the 28th minute. Minutes later the Magpies missed a great chance to go in front when, after Bammant was upended in the box, Luke Tuttle saw his penalty saved by home keeper Steve Sutton. Play remained to be broken with no real chances at ether end. Adam Smith replaced the injured Craig Bussens and started to inject more tempo into the visitor's build up play as the half finished all square. Olly Willis replaced Lewis Sturman for Dereham after the break. The first chance of the half came in the 60th minute when Alfie Kamara's close range effort was well blocked by Olly Willis following Kyle Asante's centre from the right. Dereham made a perfect response when Shaun Bammant received a pass that was flicked on by a home defender and composed himself well before beating keeper Sutton with a low angled drive in the 65th minute to put his side in front. The Magpies had to do some defending before they increased their lead in the 79th minute. Luke Tuttle won the ball from Paul Burnett and threaded a perfectly weighted pass through to Shaun Bammant who confidently slotted home his second goal of the afternoon. Aveley quickly tried to claw a goal back but they were denied by a fine save from Will Viner who palmed Tunji Oyewale's point blank shot over the top as Dereham registered another away win.
Avery: S Sutton, A Osifuwa, S Holloway, J Leader, G Holby, M Bakare, K Asante, A Kamara, L Weemes, P Burnett, G Whitelock.
Subs: T Oyewale, B Holland, C Duru, N Koranteng, N Azzopardi.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham: W Viner, R Hawkins, G Starling, S Borrer, L Sturman, D Morphew, A Kay, K Downes, S Bammant, L Tuttle, C Bussens.
Subs: N Howell , A Smith, O Willis, N Simmonds.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
Ref: S Bates.