Aveley 0, Lowestoft Town 3
Lowestoft Town got back to winning ways on Monday night with a 3-0 Ryman Premier League win at struggling Aveley.
Three goals in the opening 14 minutes did the damage for the Trawlerboys, who had been without a win in five matches before Monday's encounter.
Now their promotion push is back on course thanks to the victory, which puts the Blues third in the table and among the play-off pack.
Scott Mitchell, back from suspension, set up Michael Frew's seventh minute opener, before Mitchell added to the tally three minutes later thanks to a curling 25 yard free-kick that cracked in off the post.
Town then made it three on 14 minutes, when Frew completed his brace with a delightful chip from 20 yards.
You may also want to watch:
It could have been an even better night for Frew, who was given the perfect chance to complete his hat-trick on 57 minutes from the spot – but saw his penalty well saved by keeper Dave Hogan.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 6 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 7 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 8 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 9 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 10 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity