Anthony Ogogo fully focused on ring return after rejecting TV offers
- Credit: AP
Anthony Ogogo has rejected lucrative offers to become a television presenter in pursuit of his boxing dream.
The 27-year-old revealed several television companies have tried to tempt him into hanging up his boxing gloves following a series of injuries that has seen him fight just twice in the last 18 months.
But Ogogo has not wavered and insists his return to the ring later this year will be the first step in fulfilling his dream of becoming world champion.
'I need to be world champion,' said the Olympic bronze medallist, who is back in full training following shoulder surgery last year. 'My goal in life is to become world champion, and a damn good one as well.
'I've had TV offers to be a presenter or a pundit talking about boxing but I never even thought about taking it. I didn't know what was going on with my injuries at the time but I've got to do this (boxing).
You may also want to watch:
'I've thought 'why me?' at times but it has made me a lot stronger mentally and that can only serve me well. It's been a long hard slog but I'm still here.'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'