Anthony Ogogo fully focused on ring return after rejecting TV offers
- Credit: AP
Anthony Ogogo has rejected lucrative offers to become a television presenter in pursuit of his boxing dream.
The 27-year-old revealed several television companies have tried to tempt him into hanging up his boxing gloves following a series of injuries that has seen him fight just twice in the last 18 months.
But Ogogo has not wavered and insists his return to the ring later this year will be the first step in fulfilling his dream of becoming world champion.
'I need to be world champion,' said the Olympic bronze medallist, who is back in full training following shoulder surgery last year. 'My goal in life is to become world champion, and a damn good one as well.
'I've had TV offers to be a presenter or a pundit talking about boxing but I never even thought about taking it. I didn't know what was going on with my injuries at the time but I've got to do this (boxing).
'I've thought 'why me?' at times but it has made me a lot stronger mentally and that can only serve me well. It's been a long hard slog but I'm still here.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'