Anthony Ogogo firmly on the road to Vegas
- Credit: PA
Anthony Ogogo started planning for his big night in Las Vegas just hours after registering his fifth victory against Greg O'Neill on Saturday night.
After securing a comfortable points win in Glasgow, Ogogo was straight back into training the next morning to prepare for his fight on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's showdown against Marcos Maidana on May 3.
The 25-year-old revealed in his latest EDP column, to be published tomorrow, that he drove through the night on Saturday to resume his punishing training regime.
'I got back to the hotel in Glasgow and I was still so wired that I couldn't sleep. I think I arrived back in East Anglia at about 6am, had about an hour and a half's sleep, then did a bit of a warm down.
'I've had a few training sessions since. It's all about preparing for the fight in Vegas now. I'm in good shape and I don't want it to go to waste.'
You may also want to watch:
To find out what Ogogo says about the support he receives from Norwich City and following in the footsteps of boxing legend Frank Bruno, pick up a copy of Wednesday's EDP.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region