Another Staffs clash beckons for Norfolk
- Credit: Tim Ferley
Norfolk resume their Unicorns Minor Counties Championship campaign with a trip to Staffordshire this weekend.
Chris Brown's team started their three-day season at Cambridgeshire in May, when rain forced a draw as Norfolk closed on victory.
The weather again thwarted Norfolk in the Unicorns Knockout Trophy, with a quarter-final at Staffs settled by a bowl-out, ahead of the teams meeting again on Sunday.
'It obviously still smarts a bit, being beaten in a bowl-out, but that's one-day cricket and this is Championship cricket,' said Brown.
'We are looking forward to continuing the good form we showed at Wisbech before we were interrupted by the weather. Hopefully we can get good weather for three days and get in a full game. It's been a bit stop-start so far but we were in a very strong position at Wisbech, only needing 100 to win with eight wickets remaining when the rain came down.'
You may also want to watch:
Two changes to that team have been enforced, with batsman Jordan Taylor unavailable and bowler Adam Todd nursing an Achilles heel and calf problem. In come Horsford's Robbie Bridgstock and Swardeston bowler Tom Oxley, with Brown expecting another tight battle with Staffs. Batsmen Jimmy Hale, Matt Plater (still recovering from injury) and Matt Warnes (unavailable) will also miss the match at West Bromwich Dartmouth CC.
'They are similar to us in that they try to stick with the same group of players in both formats,' the Norfolk skipper continued. 'The league they select from, the North Staffs and South Cheshire League, is strong so we expect another tough challenge.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
Norfolk: Sam Arthurton, James Spelman, Ben France, Lewis Denmark, Garry Park, Ashley Watson, Robbie Bridgstock, Chris Brown (C), Brett Stolworthy, Sam Groves (WK), Tom Oxley.