Angling stars set for Norfolk Showground parade
Some of the stars of angling – including Norfolk's very own John Wilson – will be on parade when the British Carp and Angling Show returns to the county next month.
In January, an estimated 10,000 visitors flocked to the Norfolk Showground, to glean whatever pearls of wisdom they could from the experts, and pick up a bargain or several along the way.
Organisers are hoping that next month's event at the same venue will see the attendance numbers comfortably exceeded.
The show will be back in action on January 19 and 20 and with a wide array of exhibitors there promises to be something to suit all tastes and disciplines of the sport.
As well as new product launches from some top tackle firms, there will also be plenty of well-known experts to give talks, answer questions, and generally pass on advice.
You may also want to watch:
TV stars such as Matt Hayes will be unveiling a new clothing range while Lenwade-based Wilson, one of the godfathers of modern angling, will be giving a talk and signing his books. Rob Maylin has a new book out which he'll launch at the show while Caister-born ex world champion matchman Bob Nudd is also set to appear.
The Showground site, which has a footprint of 50,000 sq ft, which will be crammed with tackle, bait, clothing, accessories, demonstrations, and celebrities.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
Tickets are �10 on the door for adults, with children (5-15yrs) �5. Children under five are free.
Tickets can be obtained in advance from www.britishcarpshow.co.uk, adults �8, accompanying children �2.
The show's address is The Royal Norfolk Showground, Dereham Road, New Costessey, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 0TT.
For more details visit www.britishcarpandanglingshow.co.uk