Anglian Premier trio stay ahead of the pack
The Premier Division's top three - Wroxham Reserves, Norwich Union and Hempnall - all survived the weather to record wins on Saturday.Leaders Wroxham beat Lowestoft Town Reserves 2-0, with goals from Jamie Atkins and Ben Latimer.
The Premier Division's top three - Wroxham Reserves, Norwich Union and Hempnall - all survived the weather to record wins on Saturday.
Leaders Wroxham beat Lowestoft Town Reserves 2-0, with goals from Jamie Atkins and Ben Latimer.
Norwich Union stay second after winning 3-1 at Dersingham Rovers. Josh Barzey, Lee Cosgrove and Shaun Wegg scored for the visitors, while Simon Deadman netted for Dersingham.
Martin Addison fired a hat-trick for Hempnall and Tim Downs was also on target in their 4-1 win at home to North Walsham, with Scott Woodcock scoring for Walsham.
Sheringham beat Brandon Town 2-0 with goals from Oliver King and Kristian Gleave.
Halvergate United picked up an impressive 3-2 win at Sprowston Athletic with goals from David Lawrence (2) and Warren Nichols. Major Thornton and Jason Armes were Sprowston's goalscorers.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 4 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 5 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 6 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 7 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 8 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 9 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 10 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
In Division One, Loddon United moved to the top of the table with a 4-1 win at promotion rivals Dereham Town Reserves.
David Matthews (2), Chris Hancock and Richard Summons got Loddon's goals, while Ben Adams hit Dereham's solitary strike.
Stalham Town despatched struggling Sprowston Wanderers 4-1 thanks to goals from Michael Reynolds (2), Peter Skivington and Darren Patterson.
Joseph Harrison was the match-winner for Wells Town in their 1-0 victory at home to Attleborough.
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves' match at home to St Andrews was abandoned after the game had started, while the rest of the programme was wiped out by the weather.