Anglian Premier trio stay ahead of the pack
The Premier Division's top three - Wroxham Reserves, Norwich Union and Hempnall - all survived the weather to record wins on Saturday.Leaders Wroxham beat Lowestoft Town Reserves 2-0, with goals from Jamie Atkins and Ben Latimer.
The Premier Division's top three - Wroxham Reserves, Norwich Union and Hempnall - all survived the weather to record wins on Saturday.
Leaders Wroxham beat Lowestoft Town Reserves 2-0, with goals from Jamie Atkins and Ben Latimer.
Norwich Union stay second after winning 3-1 at Dersingham Rovers. Josh Barzey, Lee Cosgrove and Shaun Wegg scored for the visitors, while Simon Deadman netted for Dersingham.
Martin Addison fired a hat-trick for Hempnall and Tim Downs was also on target in their 4-1 win at home to North Walsham, with Scott Woodcock scoring for Walsham.
You may also want to watch:
Sheringham beat Brandon Town 2-0 with goals from Oliver King and Kristian Gleave.
Halvergate United picked up an impressive 3-2 win at Sprowston Athletic with goals from David Lawrence (2) and Warren Nichols. Major Thornton and Jason Armes were Sprowston's goalscorers.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
In Division One, Loddon United moved to the top of the table with a 4-1 win at promotion rivals Dereham Town Reserves.
David Matthews (2), Chris Hancock and Richard Summons got Loddon's goals, while Ben Adams hit Dereham's solitary strike.
Stalham Town despatched struggling Sprowston Wanderers 4-1 thanks to goals from Michael Reynolds (2), Peter Skivington and Darren Patterson.
Joseph Harrison was the match-winner for Wells Town in their 1-0 victory at home to Attleborough.
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves' match at home to St Andrews was abandoned after the game had started, while the rest of the programme was wiped out by the weather.