Anglian Combination: Wynne at the double as Blofield close gap on leaders Acle
- Credit: Archant
Premier Division leaders Acle United were held to a 0-0 draw at Wroxham Reserves in an evenly contested match.
Blofield United closed the gap with a 5-1 win over Sheringham thanks to goals from Daniel Wynne (2), Daniel McKail, Thomas Cullumbine and Sean Ray. James Cooper was on target for the Shannocks. Long Stratton drew 0-0 with Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves whilst Harleston Town move up to fourth after a 1-0 win at Cromer Town with a Chris Hall goal.
Stephen Drake scored twice for Reepham Town to give them a 2-1 win at Mattishall, whose scorer was Orren Oliver.
A Luke Gould goal was enough to give Spixworth a 1-0 win at Norwich CEYMS. Jack Taylor, Kyle Downes and Connor Laskey scored for St Andrews, as they beat Dersingham Rovers 3-1, with Kieran Doherty replying. Caister beat Wymondham Town 2-0.
In Division One, Hempnall continued their good run with a 5-2 win over Foulsham and second-placed Mulbarton Wanderers were held to a 0-0 draw at Poringland Wanderers whilst Beccles Town beat Aylsham 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Scole United beat lowly Holt United 10-0, scorers William Goulding (4), Ben Cussons (2), Edward Cussons and Benjamin Norton-Hugman. Hellesdon bagged a comprehensive 6-1 win over Hindringham and Loddon United beat Horsford 2-1.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school