Anglian Combination: Title race can be settled during huge clash between Acle United and Spixworth
- Credit: Archant
Acle United know a victory in today's top-of-the-table Premier Division clash will secure their fourth championship in a row.
United, two points clear with a game in hand, visit a Spixworth side who are playing their penultimate league match of the season. And for the hosts its almost a case of win and bust.
A draw would still leave Acle in complete control of the race to lift the Sterry Cup while even a home win may not be enough once all has been said and done.
If Spixworth win this afternoon's match, which kicks-off at 2.30pm, and their final fixture against relegation-threatened Dersingham Rovers, they would move on to 65 points. Two wins in their remaining matches would take Acle on to 67.
Even if they could only win and draw one of those fixtures, against Mattishall and Blofield United, United would still match their title-rivals' haul.
You may also want to watch:
And as it stands Acle's continued dominance of the Ang Comb – which saw them draw the corresponding fixture 1-1 earlier in the term – leaves them with an 11-goal better goal difference.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed