Anglian Combination: Spooner double earns Hellesdon surprise Senior Cup win
Hellesdon were the big winners as the Anglian Combination Premier Division took a rest for the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Most games went to form, but at Thorpe Rec, Hellesdon beat St Andrews 3-1.
Although the home team played the better football, Hellesdon worked hard and deserved their 3-0 lead, with two goals from Glen Spooner and one from Dillon Alexander. Alex Taylor got one back for St Andrews late on, but the visitors held on for a well-earned win.
Stalham Town held Cromer Town to 1-1 draw before winning 6-5 on penalties. Goals from Thomas Amis, Aaron Sanders and James Bulman saw Acle United ease through 3-0 over Loddon United. Jordan Rowe scored for Bradenham Wanderers, but they lost 3-1 to Caister, whose scorers were Kieran Hack, George Barnden and Nicholas Crawley.
Harleston Town beat Reepham Town 6-0 while a hat-trick from Jordan Rocastle saw Spixworth through 3-1 over Long Stratton, whose scorer was Ross Bilham.
You may also want to watch:
Mattishall and Dersingham Rovers drew 2-2 with two goals each from Damian Didwell and Joe Collison respectively, but Dersingham won 4-1 on penalties. Goals from Marc Pearce and Ben Cussons earned Scole a 2-1 win over Mulbarton Wanderers, whose scorer was Joshua Farrow. Blofield United beat Wymondham Town 3-2, while Norwich CEYMS had a 3-1 win over North Walsham.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st