Anglian Combination: Spixworth snatch second in Premier and Mulbarton seal promotion
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Spixworth have finished runners-up to Acle United in the Premier Division of the Anglian Combination, after a 4-1 win over Norwich CEYMS in midweek.
Goals from Jason Armes, Charlie Bartram, Damien Didwell and Ben Welham did the damage for Spixworth, cancelling out a Lewis Easter goal for Norwich, to see Spixworth finish five points adrift of Acle.
There were a few remaining matches played midweek and on Saturday, in the junior divisions. The main fixture was Mulbarton Wanderers against Bungay Town, to decide who would finish as runners-up in Division Two and join winners Scole United in senior football next season.
Mulbarton edged a 1-0 home win and received their trophies after the match.
That concludes the league matches but there are two cup finals this week. Tomorrow Bungay Town take on Waveney in the Cyril Ballyn Cup and on Friday the Mummery Cup will be contested by Dersingham Rovers and Mattishall.
You may also want to watch:
Both matches are 7.15pm kick-offs at the Football Development Centre in Norwich, with admission £3 and £2 for concessions.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath