Anglian Combination roundup: Blofield leapfrog Cromer at top
Goals from Chris Holmes and Daniel McKail saw Blofield United top the Anglian Combination Premier Division after a 2-1 win against Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
Cromer's 0-0 draw against Mattishall saw them slip to second spot although they sit just a point behind Blofield with a game in hand.
Acle United kept up their challenge for the title with a 2-1 win against Loddon United at home.
At the other end of the table Wells Town slipped to their 13th defeat of the season although they gave Wroxham Reserves a fright. Goals from Joseph Harrison and Daniel Wick looked like Wells may gain at least of share of the spoils but Craig Terrington, Sam Harty and Luke Thacker ensured the home side remained firmly rooted to the foot of the table.
Beccles pulled away from the danger zone thanks to a 1-0 win at Spixworth – Alan Remblance getting the goal for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
St Andrews and North Walsham played out a seven-goal thriller with the Saints winning by the odd goal. Goals from Perry Payne, Ben Atkins and Daniel Tindall should have seen North Walsham leave with at least a point but St Andrews hit four through Adam Brock, Danny Pennell, James Bulman and Tom Balls.
Robert Browne was on target for Wymondham at Sheringham but the Shannocks ran out 3-1 winners thanks to goals from Jonathan Abbs, Steven Patterson and Brendan Burke.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
Luke Tuttle's brace gave Norwich St Johns all three points at home to Hempnall, whose reply came through Ryan Haynes.
Watton United gained only their third win of the season at home to Brandon Town thanks to goals from Xavier Huckle and James Walker in a 2-1 win. The basement boys now sit seven points adrift of Bradenham Wanderers, who lost 2-1 at Sprowston Athletic.
A Jamie Long double helped Stalham stay top of the table in a 3-2 win at home to Horsford United but Dersingham Rovers kept up with a 4-3 win at Caister. Paul English (two), Lloyd Richmond and an own goal the scorers for Rovers.
Hellesdon were 3-0 winners at home to Corton whilst Holt United inflicted a heavy 4-1 win at home to Poringland Wanderers.
Long Stratton moved up to fourth place thanks to a 3-0 win at home to Reepham Town.