Anglian Combination round-up: Waveney stay top after impressive win over Caister
- Credit: Archant
Waveney remained top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division thanks to a 4-2 win at home to Caister.
Anthony Etheridge bagged a brace in the victory whilst Bradley Hough and Joel Wilson were also on target.
Second-placed Harleston Town left it late but had enough to see off Mundford 3-2 thanks to goals from Nathan Stone, Lawrence Cheese and Nathan Russell. Ian Fancett and Dan Bowen got the goals for Mundford.
Norwich CEYMS were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Bradenham Wanderers as Steven Kidd's goal was cancelled out by George Watts-Sturrock for the visitors.
Mattishall beat Hellesdon 2-1 thanks to goals from Harry Gagen and Josh McCann whilst Acle United and the UEA fought out a 2-2 draw.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Fisher netted a hat-trick in Beccles Town's 5-1 thrashing of Blofield United as goals from Ben Norton-Hugman and Keiran Manning gave Scole United a 2-0 win over basement boys St Andrews.
Joe Muskett scored a double in Wroxham Reserves' 3-1 win against Long Stratton.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
It's all to play for at the top of Division One as leaders Wymondham were beaten 3-1 by Gorleston Reserves. Ashley King, Aaron Sanders and Jason Thompson were on target in the Bloaters' victory, which allowed Yelverton to move within two points of Wymondham after their 2-0 win at East Harling. Thomas Pitchell and James Melton got the goals for Yelverton, who leapfrogged Attleborough into second place after they lost 3-2 at Stalham - Thomas Crabb bagging a brace in the home side's win.
Norwich United's youngsters swept to a 5-1 win over Fakenham Town's second string whilst Easton and Sprowston Athletic fought out a 1-1 draw.
Goals from Taylor Vickers, Pedro Fortes and Paulo Martins gave Thetford Rovers all three points in their 3-0 win over Bungay Town.