Anglian Combination round-up: Spixworth stay top despite being held by Acle United
Spixworth stayed top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division despite dropping points after a 1-1 draw against Acle United.
Daniel Terrington was on target for Spixworth with Ricky Forder replying for Acle. Second-placed Harleston Town continued their start with a 3-0 win over Mattishall, thanks to goals from Nick Howell, Olly Willis and Nathan Russell.
Robbie Fryers scored to give Blofield United a welcome 1-0 win at Wroxham Reserves whilst Waveney won 3-0 at Stalham Town.
Stephen Drake and George Wright scored for Reepham Town to earn a 2-0 win over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Two goals from Ryan Pye and another from Sam Whiting gave St Andrews a 3-1 win at Caister. Norwich CEYMS beat Mulbarton Wanderers 4-1 whilst Long Stratton overcame Cromer 4-0.
In Division One Bradenham Wanderers upset leaders Beccles Town winning 4-1 with a hat-trick from Nick Hook, one from Tom Spalding and Liam Harvey-Cooper replying. Bungay Town closed the gap, beating Hellesdon 2-0 thanks to goals from Kevin Riches and Aiden Lowe. Goals from Daniel Mace (2) and Danny Pennell gave Wymondham Town a 3-0 win over Dersingham Rovers. Attleborough Town followed up last week's cup heroics with a 4-1 win over Sheringham scorers Jack Flynn (2), Stevie Wright, Lewis Delany and Jordan Rocastle for the visitors. Goals from Jack Molicone and Ben Soanes gave Aylsham a 2-1 win over neighbours Hindringham, Sam Schoenmaker got the other. Aaron Keaney (2), James Miller and Sam Last scored for Mundford to beat Loddon United 4-3, Chris Hancock, Jake Rose and Dan Anderson scored the others. Scole United lost 4-0 to North Walsham Town with goals from Dale Wilton, Grant Johnson, Alexander Johnson and Liam Clarke. Chris Gibbons and Scott Deadman scored for Foulsham to beat fellow strugglers Holt United 2-1, Gary Thompson scored the other.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab