Anglian Combination round-up: Harleston go top as Waveney go down to Hellesdon
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Town moved to the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division after a 2-0 win over Wroxham Reserves.
Goals from Sam Borrer and Curtis Hodges helped Town to all three points as title rivals Waveney were going down to a surprise 4-2 defeat at Hellesdon. Connor Swann and Joel Wilson were on target for Waveney but it couldn't stop them slipping to only their second defeat of the season. Waveney dropped to second as a result although the Suffolk side have two games in hand on their rivals. Jack Wardell, Tom Blake, Jack Love and Jack Hurrell got the goals for Hellesdon.
Ian Fancett bagged a brace in Mundford's 2-2 draw at home against Norwich CEYMS, whose goals came from Will Stenner and Jordan Caws.
Luke Bailey hit a hat-trick in Beccles Town's 6-1 hammering of bottom side St Andrews whilst Long Stratton moved level on points with Mattishall thanks to a 4-1 win over their rivals. Charlie Deakin, James Bemrose, James Harrison and an own goal accounted for the South Norfolk's side scoring.
Ryan Hunt hit a double in Caister's 4-1 win at Bradenham Wanderers.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 8 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 9 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 10 New Burger King site approved in city centre