Anglian Combination round-up: Harleston go top as Waveney go down to Hellesdon
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Town moved to the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division after a 2-0 win over Wroxham Reserves.
Goals from Sam Borrer and Curtis Hodges helped Town to all three points as title rivals Waveney were going down to a surprise 4-2 defeat at Hellesdon. Connor Swann and Joel Wilson were on target for Waveney but it couldn't stop them slipping to only their second defeat of the season. Waveney dropped to second as a result although the Suffolk side have two games in hand on their rivals. Jack Wardell, Tom Blake, Jack Love and Jack Hurrell got the goals for Hellesdon.
Ian Fancett bagged a brace in Mundford's 2-2 draw at home against Norwich CEYMS, whose goals came from Will Stenner and Jordan Caws.
Luke Bailey hit a hat-trick in Beccles Town's 6-1 hammering of bottom side St Andrews whilst Long Stratton moved level on points with Mattishall thanks to a 4-1 win over their rivals. Charlie Deakin, James Bemrose, James Harrison and an own goal accounted for the South Norfolk's side scoring.
Ryan Hunt hit a double in Caister's 4-1 win at Bradenham Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner