Anglian Combination round-up: Doyle keeps Spixworth in pole position but Harleston stay in hunt
- Credit: Archant
Spixworth recovered from last week's defeat with a 1-0 win over Mulbarton Wanderers thanks to a goal from Matt Doyle.
Harleston Town improved their goal difference, beating relegated Cromer Town 9-0 at home. Goals from Cameron Russell (two), Oliver Willis, Brandon Burke, Jordan Blyth, Scott Roberts, James Pipe, Matthew Ward and Ben Furlong.
Harleston sit eight points behind Spixworth but have two games in hand. It promises to be an exciting end to the season and Harleston will know there can be no-let up in their pursuit of the leaders. The two sides will meet each other on the final day of the season on May 6 in what could be a title decider.
Two goals from Aaron Saunders and an own goal, earned Acle United a 3-2 win at Stalham Town, Lewis Tipple and Dan Crosby got their goals. Xavier Huckle (two) and Logan Copsey scored for Mattishall to beat St Andrews 3-2, their scorers were Scott Aldrich and Daniel Chilverhouse. Two goals each from Bradley Hough, Sam Shepherd and Sam Clay gave Waveney a 6-1 win at Caister, Aaron Robson got the other.
Darryl Delaney, John Green, Nathan Caston and Lewis Allen scored for Norwich CEYMS to beat Reepham Town 4-1, Stephen Drake scored the other. Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves lost 3-0 to Long Stratton with goals from Matt Nicholls, Sam Page and Marc Pearce.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday the CS Morley Cup final will take place between Attleborough Town and Gorleston Reserves, 7.15pm kick-off at FDC Norwich. Cyril Ballyn and Mummery Cups take place next week.
Congratulations to Bradenham Wanderers who won Division One, with a midweek draw at Hindringham as Beccles Town just missed out on goal difference. Hellesdon finish in third despite a 2-1 defeat at Mundford, whose goals came from Ryan Millman, Connor Stanley. Connor Charlesworth was on target for the visitors.
- 1 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 2 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 6 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 7 Former village pub for sale as home
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Two goals from Shaun Whiteman gave Bungay Town a 2-0 win at Hindringham to secure fourth spot.
North Walsham Town went on a goal spree, beating Loddon United 11-1, scorers Dale Wilton (four), Matty Downing (two), Connor Kerry (two), Matty Payne, Liam Pluck, Tom Wylie and Jake Rose with a consolation.
Scole United beat Holt United 1-0 with a Kieran Manning goal.