Anglian Combination round-up: Crabs cause upset against high-flying Acle
Cromer Town caused the upset of the day, beating Acle United 2-0 thanks to goals from Ben Graver and Kieran Patel.
Blofield United took advantage with a 3-1 win over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Chris Holmes gave Blofield the lead and Miguel Lopez equalised just before half-time but Steve Burdett came on in second half and scored twice to win the match. Goals from Danny Brown, Danny Pennell and Charlie Bartram gave Spixworth a 3-1 win at Reepham Town.
Dersingham Rovers also won 3-1 at Wymondham Town. Lewis Easter scored for Norwich CEYMS to draw 1-1 with St Andrews. Damon Bensley getting the Saints' goal. Beccles Town got a welcome 2-1 win at home to Wroxham Reserves whilst Mattishall beat Caister 3-0.
Goals from Matthew Ayre (two), Billy Kirby, Gary Summons and an own goal gave Loddon United a 5-2 win at Sheringham.
In Division One Foulsham won 2-0 at Long Stratton whilst Hellesdon kept up the pressure on the top two with a 3-1 win at Aylsham. Bradenham Wanderers slipped up losing 4-1 at home to Hempnall. Holt United got back on track winning 2-1 at Harleston Town. Stalham Town beat Hindringham 3-0 and Horsford United beat Poringland Wanderers 2-1. North Walsham were leading 3-2 with six minutes to play when Tyrone Bowles suffered a head injury in an accidental collision with a Mundford player. He was taken to hospital and the match was abandoned, with the result set to stand.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly Reg Hurst, one of the league's vice-presidents, died recently and as a mark of respect, there will be a minute's silence before all matches next Saturday.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk