Anglian Combination round-up: Attleborough Town cause cup upset
Attleborough Town caused one of the few upsets in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup when they beat Reepham Town 2-0.
Goals from Jack Binks and an own goal earned Boro, having made a slow start to the season in Division One, the win over their Premier League opponents.
First Division Aylsham almost did the same at top-flight Long Stratton, where they created plenty of chances and took the lead through Phil Read, only to be beaten by a second-half comeback, the hosts' goals coming from Matt Nicholls, Ben Nicholls and Danilo Campoli in a 3-1 win.
Ryan Pye and Lewis Butcher scored for St Andrews as the match with Mulbarton Wanderers went to extra time, but the visitors won 6-2, their goals coming from Mark Appleton (2), Ben Thompson, John Curtis, Eliot Altay and Miles Palmer.
Premier Division leaders Harleston Town continued their great start to the season with a 6-1 win over Wymondham Town, with goals from Leyton Russell (3), Scott Roberts (2) and Cammeron Russell, with Daniel Mace replying.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer Town suffered another hammering, this time 8-0 against Blofield United, while neighbours Sheringham were unable to raise a team against visiting Spixworth, who were awarded the win.
In the Premier Division, two goals from Aaron Sanders earned Acle United a 2-1 win over Norwich Ceyms while Wroxham Reserves beat Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 4-1.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st