Anglian Combination round-up: Attleborough Town cause cup upset
Attleborough Town caused one of the few upsets in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup when they beat Reepham Town 2-0.
Goals from Jack Binks and an own goal earned Boro, having made a slow start to the season in Division One, the win over their Premier League opponents.
First Division Aylsham almost did the same at top-flight Long Stratton, where they created plenty of chances and took the lead through Phil Read, only to be beaten by a second-half comeback, the hosts' goals coming from Matt Nicholls, Ben Nicholls and Danilo Campoli in a 3-1 win.
Ryan Pye and Lewis Butcher scored for St Andrews as the match with Mulbarton Wanderers went to extra time, but the visitors won 6-2, their goals coming from Mark Appleton (2), Ben Thompson, John Curtis, Eliot Altay and Miles Palmer.
Premier Division leaders Harleston Town continued their great start to the season with a 6-1 win over Wymondham Town, with goals from Leyton Russell (3), Scott Roberts (2) and Cammeron Russell, with Daniel Mace replying.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer Town suffered another hammering, this time 8-0 against Blofield United, while neighbours Sheringham were unable to raise a team against visiting Spixworth, who were awarded the win.
In the Premier Division, two goals from Aaron Sanders earned Acle United a 2-1 win over Norwich Ceyms while Wroxham Reserves beat Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves 4-1.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm