Anglian Combination round-up: Acle miss out on chance to go top
Acle United missed out on the chance to capitalise on Anglian Combination Premier Division leaders Spixworth's activity in the Mummery Cup.
United could have gone three points clear at the top of the division but lost 3-0 at home to Blofield United as goals from Stephen Burdett (two) and Chris Holmes ensured they remained in second place.
Beccles Town remain pointless at the foot of the table after losing 4-2 at home to St Andrews. David Shade and Jordan Buckingham were on target for Town but Lewis Butcher (two), John Muir and David Okpala replied for the Saints.
Loddon United ran out 5-2 winners over Sheringam with Christopher Hancock, Alex Brown (two), Daniel Crisp and Matthew Ayre on the scoresheet. Craig Atterton and Thomas Ball got the goals for Sheringham.
It was another embarrassing afternoon for Corton as they were thumped 9-0 by Division One leaders Foulsham. Benjamin Darby bagged a hat-trick and Simon Prior (two) also hit the target.
You may also want to watch:
Hellesdon were 4-0 victors at home to Mundford courtesy of goals from Jamie Hall (two) and Glen Spooner (two).
Long Stratton and North Walsham Town fought out a thrilling 3-3 draw. John Curtis (two) and Vaughan Stevenson got the goals for Stratton but Daniel Broom (two) and Dale Wilton ensured the points were shared. Fifth-placed Holt were held 2-2 by Bradenham Wanderers.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
Spixworth's excellent season continued as they beat Hempnall 7-0 in the second round of the Mummery Cup - Daniel Pennell (two) and Danny Brown (two) among the scorers.
Mattishall were winners by the same scoreline against Reepham Town as Chris Halls bagged a hat-trick.
Harleston Town needed extra time to see their way past Poringland Wanderers to record a 4-2 win whilst Scott Sutherland-Gray, Liam Forge and Darren West were on target in Hindringham's 4-2 success over Horsford United.
Dersingham Rovers were 4-3 winners over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves thanks to goals from Matthew Blake, Tim Kirby and Lewis Curson (two).
Aylsham lost out to Stalham Town despite goals from Tom Bush and Connor Kerry. Jack Childs, Garry Hargreaves and John Gower netted to ensure Town's safe passage in the next round.
John Thompson grabbed two goals during Caister's 5-3 win over Cromer Town.