Anglian Combination round-up: Acle extend lead at top of the table
Acle United stretched their lead at the top of the Premier Division by beating close rivals Blofield United 4-0.
Daniel Andersen (2), Luke Thacker and Jonathan Miller got the goals for the leaders, who are xxx points clear at the top of the table.
Two goals from Gary English and one from Thomas Anderson gave Dersingham Rovers a 3-1 win over Reepham Town, with Andrew Hanby replying. Kirkley & Pakefield Res travelled up the coast to Caister and won 4-3. The Royals' goals came through Daniel Tacon, Michael Tacon, Lewis Flower, Elliot Hunter whilst Grant Johnson (2) and Ashley King were on target for Caister.
Goals from Michael Warnes and Ben Graver helped Cromer Town continue their revival, with a 2-1 win at Beccles Town, Aiden Lowe scoring for the home team.
Wymondham Town got a welcome 1-0 win at Sheringham, Calum Webb got the goal. Sebastian Lambert scored for Norwich CEYMS but they lost 2-1 to Wroxham Res, whose goals came from Tyler Curran and Laurence York.
You may also want to watch:
In the rearranged Mummery Cup semi-final Mattishall travelled to Spixworth and Chris Halls scored in first minute. Although Spixworth had plenty of the play, they did not create many chances and in the second half Sam Applegate increased the lead. Sean Brown got one back for Spixworth, to open the game up, but Sam Applegate scored again to seal a 3-1 win for Mattishall. Dersingham and Mattishall will now contest the final on May 9.
In Division One Long Stratton travelled to rivals Bradenham Wanderers and won 2-1. Foulsham drew 2-2 with Aylsham whilst Hellesdon are close behind thanks to a 2-0 win at Hindringham.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
Holt United beat Stalham Town 4-0 and Corton continue to improve with a 2-1 win over Poringland Wanderers. Harleston Town lost 1-0 to North Walsham Town and Mundford beat relegation rivals Hempnall 3-1.