Anglian Combination round-up: Harleston continue their march to title with win over Caister
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Town's march to the Premier Division title continued with a 3-0 win at Caister.
The leaders cruised to victory courtesy of goals from Matt Howard, Lawrence Cheese and Connor Delaney and maintained their nine-point lead over second-placed Mulbarton Wanderers.
Wanderers, who have played three games fewer than Harleston, signalled their intent to keep the title race going right to the wire though with a 10-0 hammering of bottom side Reepham Town. John Curtis was the outstanding player on the day as he struck a double hat-trick whilst Dominic Dogett (2), Danny Self and Elliot Altay were also on the scoresheet.
Norwich CEYMS are level on points with Mulbarton but sit just below them on goal difference having played three games more. They kept up their hopes of securing the runner-up spot with an impressive 4-0 win at Hellesdon thanks to goals from Tom Amiss (2), Darren Smith and Lewis Swatman.
Acle caused the surprise of the day as they came away from Bradenham Wanderers with a 3-1 win courtesy of goals from Ricky Forder, Brett Colclough and Harrison Tooley. Scott Sutherland-Grey got the consolation for Wanderers.
Xavier Huckle and Lewis Hart were on target as Mattishall won 2-1 at home against Waveney, whose consolation came from Ryan Davis.
Wroxham Reserves and Blofield United fought out a 2-2 draw. Kieran Smith and Jordan Bond were on target for the Yachtsmen's second string whilst Isaac Mace and Orren Oliver got the goals for United.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
Long Stratton's match at home against St Andrews was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Division One champions elect Wymondham Town beat Loddon United 6-2 thanks to goals from Jordan Rocastle (2), Liam Moriarty (2), Chris Holmes and Charlie Blake. Jake Rose and Matt Ayre were on target for the visitors.
UEA are second as James Baughurst got the only goal of the game to defeat Hindringham whilst Yelverton and Aylsham fought out a 1-1 draw. Attleborough v Mundford and Watton v Sheringham were both postponed due to waterlogged pitches.