Anglian Combination: Reepham survive late comeback to defeat 10-man Spixworth
- Credit: Archant
High-flying Spixworth slipped up at home in the Premier Division, losing 3-2 to Reepham Town.
Although Spixworth had most of the early play, Joe Wright put Reepham ahead from close range. Early in second half, Reepham pushed forward and Stephen Drake scored twice to extend their lead to 3-0.
Spixworth then had a player sent off but still created chances and eventually scored through Shaun Wones. Paul Cook added a second goal late in the game to finish the scoring.
Lewis Brown got a hat-trick for Dersingham Rovers, with Timothy Pepper and Connor Daniels also scoring as Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves were beaten 5-1, to move up to third. Michael Tacon got the goal for the visitors.
Harleston Town moved away from the relegation zone, beating struggling Wroxham Reserves 3-0, Chris Hall scoring twice and Scott Roberts getting the other.
You may also want to watch:
There was a limited schedule this weekend due to the festive period but St Andrews stay top of the Premier and Acle United are second, with games in hand, leaving plenty to play for as we enter the new year.
Two matches survived in Division One, David Bailey scoring the only goal as Stalham Town beat Aylsham 1-0.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
Goals from Chris Fuller and Sam Mallett gave Sheringham a 2-1 win at Poringland Wanderers, George McGiven getting their goal.