Anglian Combination: Mushroom offer pulls in big crowd for Bungay Town on Non-League Day
- Credit: Submitted
The attraction of a free punnet of mushrooms and a pay-what-you-like ticket price pulled in a big crowd for Bungay Town on Non-League Day.
The Black Dogs pulled in a crowd of 100 through the initiative and celebrated the success by moving top of Division Two with a 3-2 win against Martham at Maltings Meadow, with Dan Andrews scoring two and John Riches the other.
In the Premier Division, a goal by Daniel Barraclough gave leaders Spixworth a 1-0 victory at St Andrews and maintained their 100pc record.
The most eye-catching result of the day saw Wroxham Reserves thrash Sheringham 7-0 at home thanks to a Timothy Cary hat-trick, a brace from Marcus Wilkinson and goals from Jordan King and Matty Doyle completed the scoring.
Caister lost 3-1 at home to Wymondham Town, with Warren Nichols on target for Caister but a brace from Michael Smith and a strike from Alex Wilson doing the damage for the visitors.
Mattishall and Blofield ended up even at 2-2 with a Daniel Palmer brace for Mattishall and James Bassey-Fisher and Ben Morgan for Blofield.
At Hilltops it also finished all square, 1-1 between Norwich CEYMS (a Darren Smith Penalty) and Long Stratton (Mark Appleton). Goals from Matthew Bussens and Nathan Howard saw Dersingham beat Acle 2-1 and there was also the same score-line at Harleston, where goals from James Trudgill and Nicholas Howell cancelled out Thomas Markham's strioke for Cromer.
- 1 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Highways bosses reveal when A47 dualling work will start
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
At Reepham the score was reversed with the home side going down 2-1 to Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. Stephen Drake was on target for Reepham while Wayne Twomlow and Luke Catchpole were for Kirkley & Pakefield.
There were only two games in Division One, with Corton losing 5-2 at home to North Walsham. Matthew Hunton and a penalty by Brady England were cancelled out by a hat-trick from Dale Wilton and goals from Daniel Reynolds and Charlie Skipper.
The day's other fixture saw Beccles beat Loddon 2-1.
In the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup, a brace by Gary Thompson was enough for Holt United to beat Hindringham 2-0 and luckless Poringland Wanderers went down 6-0 away to Mulbarton. Goal scorers for Mulbarton.
Bradenham Wanderers went down 1-0 to a goal by Billy Davis for Scole United and Hellesdon also went down 1-0, to Horsford, with Joe McFarlane scoring the only goal.
Aylsham and Foulsham were level at full time locked at 2-2 but Aylsham ran out 6-3 winners after extra-time, with William Abbs scoring four goals. In the remaining match Hempnall beat Stalham 3-2.