Christmas cheer for Norwich Ceyms as they end Harleston’s unbeaten run
- Credit: Archant
Unbeaten records fell as the title races opened up ahead of the Christmas break.
Norwich Ceyms kept their title hopes alive with a thumping 6-1 home win over previously unbeaten Harleston Town.
A hat-trick from Tom Amis was added to by strikes from David Taylor, Darryl Delaney and an own goal. Scott Roberts replied for Harleston.
With league action resuming on January 6, Mulbarton are also well placed going into 2018 after a solitary Ben Thompson effort gave them a 1-0 home win over Blofield.
Bradenham retained their place in second after a 4-3 win at Caister. Keegan Middleton (2) and George Barnden scored for the home side but goals from Joel Bryant (2), Rob Thurlow and Ryan Curtis saw Bradenham take the points.
You may also want to watch:
Long Stratton had a good end to the year with a 2-1 win at strugglers Acle. Brothers Sam Page and Owen Page netted for Stratton with Harrison Tooley replying for Acle.
Beccles finished 2017 with a 3-2 home win over Hellesdon. Rob Bishop (2) and Carl Godbold earned them three points while Tom Blake and Mac Gee replied for the Dons.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
St Andrews and Wroxham Reserves played out a 0-0 draw at Thorpe Rec while Mattishall against Waveney was postponed.
In Division One, the only other unbeaten record also fell as Wymondham went down 2-0 at a resurgent Aylsham. Rhys Cousins and James Oliver gave the home side all three points.
It's a tight division this season with the top seven separated by just three points. Mundford are third after a 3-1 win at Yelverton. Tom Crabb scored for the home side but Ian Fancett (2) and Adam Leamon earned the Stags the win.
Attleborough are up to fourth after a 5-1 win at North Walsham. A hat-trick from Tom Miles as well as efforts from Mark Allibone and Matthew Carr gave the visitors the win. Luke Everson replied for Walsham.
At the bottom, Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves had a crucial 2-1 win at home against Hindringham. Jack Jenner and Brad Caroll got Kirkley's goals. Alfie Clarke replied for Hindringham. UEA lost 2-1 at home to Watton.