Harleston face Mulbarton in battle of the title hopefuls
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Town can clinch the Premier Division title on Saturday afternoon – when they face their only rivals, Mulbarton Wanderers.
Wanderers have home advantage, but the initiative is with Harleston, who are two points ahead with two games remaining and have a superior goal difference.
Mulbarton have certainly given Harleston a run for their money and while they have conceded just five goals on home turf in 13 games, Harleston's attack has scored 117 home and away. Of that tally, 46 have come away from home, a record equalled by only one other team – Mulbarton.
Elsewhere, Bradenham, Long Stratton and Hellesdon continue to battle for fourth place – Bradenham are at Wroxham Reserves, Stratton host St Andrews and Hellesdon – who are two points behind – welcome Blofield United.
In Division One, Munford need to win their final game, at Cromer, to have a chance of overhauling second-placed Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes