Harleston face Mulbarton in battle of the title hopefuls
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Town can clinch the Premier Division title on Saturday afternoon – when they face their only rivals, Mulbarton Wanderers.
Wanderers have home advantage, but the initiative is with Harleston, who are two points ahead with two games remaining and have a superior goal difference.
Mulbarton have certainly given Harleston a run for their money and while they have conceded just five goals on home turf in 13 games, Harleston's attack has scored 117 home and away. Of that tally, 46 have come away from home, a record equalled by only one other team – Mulbarton.
Elsewhere, Bradenham, Long Stratton and Hellesdon continue to battle for fourth place – Bradenham are at Wroxham Reserves, Stratton host St Andrews and Hellesdon – who are two points behind – welcome Blofield United.
In Division One, Munford need to win their final game, at Cromer, to have a chance of overhauling second-placed Sheringham.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help