Anglian Combination: Bush fires Bradenham into semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Bradenham Wanderers and Scole sprang the biggest shocks in the Mummery Cup quarter-finals as they overcame Premier League opponents.
Karl Bush scored for Bradenham in the 1-0 win over Blofield United, while goals from Billy Davies, Edward Cussons and David Coleman earned Scole a 3-1 win over Acle United, whose goals came from Daniel Henery.
Spixworth beat Wroxham Reserves 2-0, with goals from stalwarts Damian Didwell and Danny Brown. In a windswept game that ebbed and flowed, goals from Ross Stanton, Lewis Allen, Kel Haywood and Jack Hurrell was enough for Norwich CEYMS to beat a hard-working Stalham Town side 4-2 – Stalham's scorers were Ryan Beeson and Darren Patterson.
In the Premier Division, goals from Jake Imrie, Ben Warren and Fionn Goodwin-Wright gave Harleston Town a 3-1 win over Caister, whose goal came from Jordan Barrett.
Struggling Sheringham got a welcome 5-1 win over St Andrews, thanks to James Cooper (2), Lee Edwards, Jodi Norris and an own goal, with Chris Priest scoring for the visitors. Dale Cooper and Darren Terrington scored for Cromer Town as they drew 2-2 with Reepham Town (Ashley Dearing and Stephen Drake).
Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves and Wymondham Town drew 0-0. Mattishall were beating Dersingham Rovers 2-1 when their match was abandoned.
In Division One, leaders Beccles Town were beaten 4-2 at Hempnall. Alex Holmes and A Jones got their goals, but Thomas Amis (2), Jordan Rocastle and Sonny Atherton secured the points.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
Poringland Wanderers lost 8-0 to Loddon United while Mulbarton Wanderers went on a goal spree – Simon Freemantle (3), Luke Appleton (2), Jonathon Bailey (2), Kaine Challen saw them beat Holt United 8-2. Holt's scorers were Lee Clarke and Garry Thompson.
Will Abbs scored for Aylsham but they lost 5-1 to Hellesdon, whose scorers were Glen Spooner (2), Aaron Saddleton, Callum Noble and Connor Charlesworth. Foulsham beat Horsford United 6-2, with goals from Chris Gibbons (2), Benjamin Darby, Matthew Barwell, George Abbott and an own goal. Daniel Read scored both for the visitors.