Battling Harleston maintain gap as Mulbarton hit four
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Harleston maintained their five-point lead at the summit of the Premier Division with a hard-fought 2-1 home win over Hellesdon.
Lawrence Cheese and Olly Willis got the home side's goals with Ross Pantry responding for Hellesdon.
Mulbarton are their only realistic challengers and they kept pace with a 4-0 win away at Bradenham Wanderers, thanks to goals from John Curtis, Jack Simpson, Eliot Altay and Jack Guyton.
Norwich Ceyms are third after a 9-2 win away at already-relegated Reepham. Darren Smith (2), Jack Smith (2), Tom Amis (2), Lewis Swatman, Seb Lambert and Ross Pickersgill were on the score sheet with Sam Cramp and Miles Hunt scoring for Reepham.
Caister handed Long Stratton a fourth defeat in a row with a 3-0 win at Manor Road, thanks to strikes from Anton Ward, George Barnden and Lee Turner.
You may also want to watch:
Acle put some breathing space between themselves and the bottom two win a 3-0 win at home against Mattishall. Brett Colclough, Harrison Tooley and an own goal sealed the points.
Waveney and Beccles played out a 0-0 draw while the games at Blofield and Wroxham Reserves were postponed.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
In Division One, Wymondham are two wins from clinching the title as the returned from Yelverton with a 2-1 win.
Lewis Clarry scored for the hosts, but goals from Danny Pennell and Jordan Rocastle kept the leaders out in front.
Mundford moved into second place after a thumping 7-1 win over North Walsham.
There was a hat-trick for Kyle Huxstable with other goals coming from Adam Leamon, Alby Matthews, Mason Thorogood and Charlie Melville, with Walsham's reply coming from Colm McGilway.
Watton look to have secured their Division One status as they won 2-0 away at Bungay thanks to efforts from Kevin Bloomfield and Matthew Herring.
The games at Aylsham, Cromer and Sheringham all fell victim to the wet weather.
In Division Two, the top two were in good goal-scoring form. Leaders Easton were 4-2 winners at Caister Reserves while Fakenham Town Reserves won 6-1 at Acle United Reserves.
Today's Nicholson's of Stalham Benevolent Cup final at Holt has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.