Battling Harleston maintain gap as Mulbarton hit four
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Harleston maintained their five-point lead at the summit of the Premier Division with a hard-fought 2-1 home win over Hellesdon.
Lawrence Cheese and Olly Willis got the home side's goals with Ross Pantry responding for Hellesdon.
Mulbarton are their only realistic challengers and they kept pace with a 4-0 win away at Bradenham Wanderers, thanks to goals from John Curtis, Jack Simpson, Eliot Altay and Jack Guyton.
Norwich Ceyms are third after a 9-2 win away at already-relegated Reepham. Darren Smith (2), Jack Smith (2), Tom Amis (2), Lewis Swatman, Seb Lambert and Ross Pickersgill were on the score sheet with Sam Cramp and Miles Hunt scoring for Reepham.
Caister handed Long Stratton a fourth defeat in a row with a 3-0 win at Manor Road, thanks to strikes from Anton Ward, George Barnden and Lee Turner.
You may also want to watch:
Acle put some breathing space between themselves and the bottom two win a 3-0 win at home against Mattishall. Brett Colclough, Harrison Tooley and an own goal sealed the points.
Waveney and Beccles played out a 0-0 draw while the games at Blofield and Wroxham Reserves were postponed.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
In Division One, Wymondham are two wins from clinching the title as the returned from Yelverton with a 2-1 win.
Lewis Clarry scored for the hosts, but goals from Danny Pennell and Jordan Rocastle kept the leaders out in front.
Mundford moved into second place after a thumping 7-1 win over North Walsham.
There was a hat-trick for Kyle Huxstable with other goals coming from Adam Leamon, Alby Matthews, Mason Thorogood and Charlie Melville, with Walsham's reply coming from Colm McGilway.
Watton look to have secured their Division One status as they won 2-0 away at Bungay thanks to efforts from Kevin Bloomfield and Matthew Herring.
The games at Aylsham, Cromer and Sheringham all fell victim to the wet weather.
In Division Two, the top two were in good goal-scoring form. Leaders Easton were 4-2 winners at Caister Reserves while Fakenham Town Reserves won 6-1 at Acle United Reserves.
Today's Nicholson's of Stalham Benevolent Cup final at Holt has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.