Ang Com round-up: Appleton and Davis on target as Long Stratton hit the summit
Long Stratton lead the Almary Green Anglian Combination Premier Division thanks to a 2-0 win at Sheringham courtesy of goals from Mark Appleton and Nicholas Davis.
Two goals from Ben Morgan and one from Thomas Cullumbine gave Blofield United a 3-0 win over Spixworth, who were condemed to defeat for the first time this season.
Dersingham Rovers also slipped up, losing 2-1 to St Andrews. Kirkley & Pakefield Res also lost at home 3-0 to Cromer Town, whose goals came from Ben Graver (two) and Karl Horton. The teams play again in the cup next week.
Goals from David Tayler, Darren Smith and Lewis Allen gave Norwich CEYMS a 3-1 win over Wroxham Res, whose goal came from Matthew Doyle.
Caister and Reepham Town drew 2-2 – Jamie Long and Danny Heller on target for the hosts with Robert Dodd's brace gaining a point for Town.
Goals from Nicholas Howell, Ben Warren and Jake Gipson earned Harleston Town a 3-3 draw with Mattishall, their scorers were Christopher Hall (two) and Stephen Jones.
Wymondham Town drew 2-2 with Acle United.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
Five goals from Joseph Clark and one each for Alex Holmes, Neil Hurren and Alan Remblance gave Beccles Town an 8-0 win over Aylsham to go top of Division One on goal difference.
Mulbarton Wanderers continued their perfect start, winning 3-0 over Hindringham – their scorers were Luke Appleton, Dale Simpson and Jamie Butler. Two goals from Ricky Forder and one from Karl Bush gave Bradenham Wanderers a 3-1 win over Scole United, with Ben Norton replying.
Hellesdon beat Horsford United 6-0, with a hat-trick from Glen Spooner, two from Jamie Smith and one from Jamie Hall.
Adam Rowland scored for Stalham Town to earn a 1-1 draw with Poringland Wanderers, Chris Sinderby replying whilst Foulsham and Corton drew 0-0.
The first round of the Mummery Cup is next week.