Anema’s late goal earns Dereham Town a second successive 1-0 win
- Credit: IAN BURT
A fortuitous late goal by man-of-the-match Jake Anema earned Dereham a 1-0 win at newly promoted Mildenhall.
Play was fast and furious from the start and Dereham spurned a good opportunity in the 12th minute when Rhys Logan was foiled by the keeper when clean through.
The Magpies did then get the ball in the net but Jamie Forshaw's long range effort was disallowed for an infringement.
As Mildenhall threatened visiting keeper Elliot Pride made a great full length save to keep out Green's fierce 20 yard drive.
After the break Dereham nearly opened the scoring when Owen's cross was deflected onto a post. Mildenhall's Shaun Avis was then denied by another fine stop from Pride before Logan rattled the post.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham went ahead in the 88th minute when the excellent Anema's long range effort was deflected over the keeper and into the net to secure a second successive 1-0 win for Neal Simmons.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich