Anema’s late goal earns Dereham Town a second successive 1-0 win
- Credit: IAN BURT
A fortuitous late goal by man-of-the-match Jake Anema earned Dereham a 1-0 win at newly promoted Mildenhall.
Play was fast and furious from the start and Dereham spurned a good opportunity in the 12th minute when Rhys Logan was foiled by the keeper when clean through.
The Magpies did then get the ball in the net but Jamie Forshaw's long range effort was disallowed for an infringement.
As Mildenhall threatened visiting keeper Elliot Pride made a great full length save to keep out Green's fierce 20 yard drive.
After the break Dereham nearly opened the scoring when Owen's cross was deflected onto a post. Mildenhall's Shaun Avis was then denied by another fine stop from Pride before Logan rattled the post.
Dereham went ahead in the 88th minute when the excellent Anema's long range effort was deflected over the keeper and into the net to secure a second successive 1-0 win for Neal Simmons.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 8 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school