Andy Hanby helps Sprowston to NACO Cup victory over Lowestoft
Andy Hanby's five-wicket haul helped Sprowston to an exciting seven-run victory over Lowestoft in the NACO Invitation Cup second round.
Sprowston batted first and Simon Chipperfield led the way with 64 in their total of 158 all out, with Lowestoft's Billy Brice taking three for 32.
Lowestoft were closing in on their target when the last man fell with an over remaining, Hanby returning figures of five for 19 and Brice top scoring with 45.
Old Buckenham beat Diss by six wickets, with starring roles from Harry Dunkinson (three for 22) and James Heaney (56).
Downham progressed to the semi-finals after Saxlingham withdrew.
You may also want to watch:
In the Shield competition, Alistair Poll hit 55no to steer Dersingham to a nine-wicket triumph at Aldborough. Earlier, Ian Arnold and Michael Hazel had each taken three wickets for the visitors.
Winterton clinched a one-wicket victory in a thrilling finish against Rocklands.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
Simon Mann fired 82 in Rocklands' total of 198 all out, with three wickets apiece for Kevin Percival and Martin Witheridge.
Winterton then edged home with 10 balls to spare, opener and captain Brynley Clarke (46) top scoring.
Garboldisham had a walkover win against Narborough.
• Revised semi-final draws
NACO Invitation Cup: Downham v Old Bucken-ham, Saham Toney or N Runcton v Sprowston.
NACO Shield: Winterton v Sheringham or Hardingham, Garboldisham v Dersingham.