Norfolk’s Amy Taylor seventh in big junior tournament in Spain
- Credit: Gary Prior
Norfolk youngster Amy Taylor was part of an elite field for The Telegraph Vitality Junior Championship in Spain this week.
Back in Europe during a break from her studies in the United States, she came seventh in the girls' competition after finishing on 18 over par at the tough PGA Catalunya complex.
An opening round of 80 left the teenager with a mountain to claim in the three-round event and although an impressive 74 then repaired some of the damage a final round of 79 left her 10 shots adrift of winner Sophie Johnson from Telford.
The Bawburgh player enjoyed the experience however, saying: 'It's been so enjoyable and unusual to have a tournament with boys and girls. It makes us all learn from each other and that's what makes it special.
'We've made good friends here and it's been a great week on a great course.'
You may also want to watch:
The boys competition was won by Hallamshire's Barclay Brown, six years after Ryder Cup player Matthew Fitzpatrick from the same club triumphed in the same event.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid