Norfolk’s Amy Taylor seventh in big junior tournament in Spain
- Credit: Gary Prior
Norfolk youngster Amy Taylor was part of an elite field for The Telegraph Vitality Junior Championship in Spain this week.
Back in Europe during a break from her studies in the United States, she came seventh in the girls' competition after finishing on 18 over par at the tough PGA Catalunya complex.
An opening round of 80 left the teenager with a mountain to claim in the three-round event and although an impressive 74 then repaired some of the damage a final round of 79 left her 10 shots adrift of winner Sophie Johnson from Telford.
The Bawburgh player enjoyed the experience however, saying: 'It's been so enjoyable and unusual to have a tournament with boys and girls. It makes us all learn from each other and that's what makes it special.
'We've made good friends here and it's been a great week on a great course.'
The boys competition was won by Hallamshire's Barclay Brown, six years after Ryder Cup player Matthew Fitzpatrick from the same club triumphed in the same event.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 4 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 5 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 6 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 7 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 8 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 9 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 10 Community rally together after fire rips through family home