Almary Green Anglian Combination League round-up: Perfect start for reigning champs Acle United
- Credit: Archant
The Premier Division table may be embryonic with just one game each played, but Acle – who have already put the Don Frost Cup in their trophy cabinet – have taken no time in making their mark again.
Having started with a 5-0 win at Cromer Town on Friday – with goals from Tim Henry (2), Daniel Foreman, James Foreman and Ben Manning, it was down to the rest to begin playing catch-up on Saturday.
Newly-promoted Harleston Town started well, with a 3-1 win over Dersingham Rovers, with goals from Richard Brett, Nick Howell and Ben Warren, with Jack Mountain replying.
St Andrews also won 3-1, at home to Sheringham, with goals from Connor Charlesworth (2) and Adam Plumstead. Phil Durham was on target for the visitors.
Wroxham Reserves beat hosts Wymondham Town 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, there were plenty of goals around, with North Walsham Town winning 6-0 at Poringland Wanderers.
Relegated Beccles Town beat Hellesdon 5-0, with goals from J Clarke (3), Van Trump and Alan Remblance.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
Promoted Scole United were 3-1 winners at Corton (Phil Sayer), with goals from J Edwards, D Davies and D Coleman.
Hempnall thumped Horsford United 5-1.
In Division Two, all three of Saturday's games were won by the visitors. Beccles Caxton's season got off to a terrible start as they lost 5-1 to Marlingford, while East Harling went down 2-0 to Caister Reserves and Mundford won 3-2 at Hoveton Wherrymen.
Division Three's big winners were Swaffham Town reserves who beat visiting Thorpe Village 5-1. Goals from Stephen Asprey, James Dougal, George Hutton and James Buhlemann did the trick. Hemsby beat visiting South Walsham 4-1, while Loddon United's second string were 3-2 home winners over Downham Town Reserves. Blofield United Reserves beat Mattishall Reserves 3-2 but Brandon lost 4-2 at home to Costessey Sports.