Allen holds the key to success in club match
WAVENEY VALLEY: Harleston Wortwell & District juniors fished a match in their Bottle Pit and it produced a fine 5lb 12oz tench for young Lewis Allen – and there are plenty a pound or so bigger coming out too.
Big bags of carp from the Middle Pit of fish weighing up to 16lb have not been out of the ordinary and totalling we'll over 150lb in many instances for a day's outing.
Harleston Club recently donated �50 to the Bungay Cherry Tree AC's Holiday for a Hero fund, which now stands at around �650 with more promised on the cards from other sources too, including Gipping Valley Angling Club who contributed �25.
Angling Direct at Beccles announced that as from July 1, they will be having a late opening evening on a Friday when staff will be providing service and information on local venues at the counter up until 8 pm.
Car Parking should be a lot easier than during the day at that time and there is plenty to browse over, especially in the upstairs section of poles and rods. Manager Jeannette recently demonstrated her versatility with not only some good weights from the Yare but coming ninth in the Angling Trust's Ladies National on a far removed canal.
Cherry Tree Club fishery officer Geoff Kerman took a trip down river to Ellingham catching the falling tide and landed a 3lb rainbow trout along with his roach dace and chub on the whip after a lively struggle.
Shipmeadow has started to produce with several 5lb chub and some 7lb bream weighed in from the bend below Roast Beef Corner.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
At Dunburgh Justin Hunt took 30lb of bream and skimmers on the pole from a peg just into the wood while practicing for the club match and several good bags of dace were caught upstream near the boathouse.