All quiet on the beaches save for a few soles
SEA FISHING: It has been another quietish week on the region's beaches, the only highlight being a few more sole caught with a little more consistency down in the south.
It bodes well for the Avenue Angling sole match at Southwold this Saturday. There are still a few tickets available and if the wind plays ball it could be a good match – call Trev on 07515 627 986 for more information.
The south pier at Lowestoft has been as good as anywhere with some lucky rods managing several sole up to 35cm, a charity match over the weekend yielding a few bits and pieces with the men taking a battle of the sexes competition.
Up around Yarmouth and the beaches have been full of holidaymakers rather than anglers, though there are a few bits and pieces to be had at those quieter times. There have been a few more small hounds this week, though you can hardly fish for them with any confidence. They seem to be falling to anglers fishing peeler at distance. East Norfolk has been very quiet with only a few school bass reported; the sea has been very clear and the beaches particularly busy. North Norfolk has produced a few mackerel, though there's little in the reports for those fishing bait; weed has been a problem too. The rivers around the wash have been as good as anywhere; there are plenty of eels and flounders with school bass and occasional better bass to 4lb reported and you're almost bound to find them quiet.
The wind for the week ahead gives a fair old blow of north running up to the weekend. This could improve the bass sport on the east Norfolk beaches and I should think it could be worth a go anywhere from Cromer to Yarmouth, particularly as the tides are building and high water is in the early evening.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder