Alger stars in Rollesby win
Lucas Fettes Norfolk League: Paceman Chris Alger took five wickets as Norfolk League Division One leaders Rollesby marched on at lowly Hales and Loddon A.
But the title-chasers were given a scare as they pursued a modest 149 victory target, losing eight wickets. Alger (35) and Alex Chaney (35) laid the foundations for Rollesby's win, eventually secured amidst mounting tension in the 40th over.
The Hales innngs had been based around Milton Lindsay's 42, Dave Debenham's 33 and 36 from 13-year-old Chris Read. Alger returned figures of five for 35 from 12 overs.
Drayton's Deepak Sahoo fired his maiden century for the club and was out just before they completed a six-wicket win over Caister. Earlier Michael Mario-Ghae claimed four for 30 for Drayton.
Belton's Richard Goreham took five for 31 as they won by 98 runs at Horsford B in Division Two.
You may also want to watch:
Aylsham St Giles had two half-centurions, Robert Bingham (66) and Ashley Barnard (59) in their 76-run victory over Rackheath.
Nick Day hit 73 and Ian Parkin took four for 55 to hand Overstrand a 43-run win over Happisburgh.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
Sam Butcher's 105no for Eaton proved just enough as they beat Bungay A by one run in Division Three, despite Tim Porter's 66.
Keith Nicholls fired an unbeaten 79 for Great Yarmouth A, but it could not stop visitors Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway A winning by eight wickets.
In Division Four, Hingham's Dale Weston took five wickets and conceded just four runs from 12 overs, including eight maidens, as his side beat Aldborough A by 60 runs.
Robert Wylands blasted 71 from 35 balls, including 10 fours and a six, while Dan Ingram added 62 for Norwich Bystanders A in a huge 185-run win over Hales & Loddon B.
Shaun Corcoran (four for 40) bowled Sprowston C to a 40-run win at home to Old Buckenham B in Division Five, after Tom Keene (91) and Neil Spilling (88) had starred with the bat for the hosts. Mike Banham (four for 61) and John Lund (52) were Bucks' top performers.
In Division Eight, Blundeston A had half-centuries from Trevor Daplyn (68) and Tim Mobbs (45) in their 32-run win at Great Witchingham B, who had 55 from Mick Foweather.