Aldeby jumpers raise £1228 for charity
- Credit: Archant
The 2013 Aldeby Jumpcross Charity Day, in aid of Breast Cancer Care and East Anglia Air Ambulance, was well supported as everyone made the most of the glorious weather.
In keeping with the charity theme, competitors got their best pink and yellow clothes on for the event. Winners on the day included Lindsey Plant for the seniors and Laura Leggett for the juniors, who each won a photo donated by Andy Langley and Chris Wellstead Photography.
Other winners included Davina Cattermole, who won not only the intro senior class but also took home the winnings in the pre-intro class on her stylishly named ride, Hugo Boss. Leanne Kelly also made it a double win in the juniors on her ride Himself.
The tombola was also a huge success thanks to generous sponsorship. One lucky ticket holder claimed a pig in two halves fully jointed by Goodies Farm Shop Long Stratton.
Organiser, Rachel Ashford said, 'I would like to thank all of our wonderful jump judges and volunteers without whom we wouldn't be able to run and a massive thanks to all who support us throughout the year.'
You may also want to watch:
The final total raised for the two charities was an impressive £1228, with the money being split between the two.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash