Airfield fishery takes off for carp anglers
A new fishery between Ipswich and Norwich will open to the public next month.
Airfield Lakes, comprising Mustang Lake and Spitfire Pool, has been developed to offer good quality specimen carp for day-ticket and week session anglers.
Nestled close to the Waveney Valley in beautiful South Norfolk countryside, this tranquil carp fishery has been stocked with a selection of the best looking thoroughbred carp in the UK.
The current venue record, which was a common, caught in 2010 fishing trials, stands at 48lb 4oz.
But fishery manager Richard Wilby is confident even bigger fish will be landed in the future.
You may also want to watch:
'There is plenty of room in there for the fish to grow to their full potential,' he said.
He wants the venue, which will open to the public on March 19, to be a relaxed, friendly, family-run fishery.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
'Our main objective is to offer the best day-ticket carp fishing in the area and to soon become recognised as one of the leading carp fisheries in the country.
'We want carp anglers of all abilities to come to Airfield Lakes for an enjoyable session in peaceful countryside and catch lots of the best-looking carp around.'
The fishery is just outside Dickleburgh, a mile off the A140 between Ipswich and Norwich.
The venue is on private farmland opposite a Second World War aerodrome, which is now only used once or twice a year for vintage aircraft displays.
Visit www.airfieldlakes.com for more information.